It is a legal requirement that all who may come across asbestos in their day to day work have been provided with asbestos awareness training. If they will intentionally work on asbestos they must have had appropriate training specific to the tasks they will undertake.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
Name the 3 main types of asbestos
List the diseases caused by exposure to asbestos and understand the increased risk for smokers
List some of the likely uses and locations for asbestos products in buildings
Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos
Explain the general emergency procedures should asbestos be discovered / disturbed.
- This one-day asbestos awareness training course is a good introduction to asbestos – the single biggest cause of work-related deaths in the UK
- Ideal for those working in building management, construction, facilities, and contracting
- Asbestos awareness training is also a good introduction for tradesmen and those working in contractor management
- Undertaking this course enables organisations to meet their legal requirements when it comes to managing the risks associated with asbestos
- It gives a good understanding of the requirements of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012
The Asbestos Awareness Training assessment consists of 20 multiple choice questions.
A delegate will pass the assessment with a score of 80% or above.
A RoSPA certificate is printed on that day and is valid for 12 months.