This one day Site Safety Plus course is designed to assist operatives who are about to enter or have recently entered the construction industry, with a good understanding of the hazards faced on construction sites. It provides an awareness of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues which are the most common responsibilities for site operatives when looking after themselves and others. It also identifies what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk. Due to recent changes it will also be a requirement to show this knowledge in the form of the new Green Card for operatives which came into force in July 2014.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- Fire Prevention
- Work Equipment
- Occupational Health
- Health and Safety law, risk assessments, method statements and tool box talks
- Accidents, prevention and reporting procedures
- Health safety and welfare provisions
- Manual handling, working at height, PPE requirements
- First Aid requirements and emergency procedures
- Fire prevention and control measures
- Substances hazardous to health
- Safety in the use of hand held electrical equipment and electrical systems
- Hand Arm Vibration and Noise at Work implications.
- Excavations, confined spaces and site plant and vehicle movements
CSCS Cards are extremely beneficial to members of the construction industry. They demonstrate to employers that you are competent to industry standards and that you have the required Health and Safety knowledge.
- Interactive group sessions
- End of course exam
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Candidates will be continuously assessed and will have to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
CITB Site Safety Plus Certificate valid for 2 years