Forward & Rear Tipping course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
The course can last up to 4 days depending on the experience and ability of the delegate.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dump truck to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.