Manual Handling course that is primarily applicable to anyone who may need to lift items as part of their duties, however the information is applicable to any workplace environment.
To learn how to improve manual handling techniques, move and handle loads safely and be able to conduct a personal manual handling risk assessment. Employers are required by law to take reasonable steps to safeguard the health and safety of all employees, one of which is increasing awareness about the hazards related to manual handling, and outlining what can be done to lower risk.
- Causes of back pain
- Returning back to work
- Moving & Handling Assessments
- Manual Handling Legislation
- Principles of Safer Moving & Handling
- Equipment demonstrations & practice
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
Over 33% of all work related injuries are from manual handling. In fact back injuries are the biggest cause of staff absence in the UK and yet most are preventable!
This course is a superb way to show your staff how to lift safely in a high impact two hour course. Once your staff have attended this manual handling training course, they will know how to look after their back properly and your business will be protected from the cost of absenteeism and litigation.
- A practical session moving loads
- A multiple choice assessment paper will also be given at the end of the session. Successful candidates gaining 10 correct answers out of 15.
After completing a final assessment successful candidates will receive a RoSPA certificate which will be valid for three years.
Our Manual Handling courses are legally compliant with the current Health and Safety Regulations.
On average this course takes 2 hours to complete. The length of time taken depends entirely on how individuals study and absorb the material.
* Please contact us if you require training for more than 15 delegates