Principles of COSHH
Principles of COSHH course is designed for those responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) at work, as well as employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
- Forms of chemical and biological agents
- Classification of substances
- Routes of entry
- Health hazards of specific agents
- The role of COSHH
- Workplace exposure limits and other sources of information
- Control measures
- Surveys for health risks
- Environmental issues
- Practical COSHH risk assessments
- An understanding of how substances can harm health
- Skills necessary to conduct COSHH risk assessments
- The ability to define exposure limits
- An understanding of exposure
- Greater understanding of practical control measures and safe systems of work
The end test consists of 30 multiple choice questions of which the candidate has to answer 23 correctly.
Delegates who complete it successfully will receive a RoSPA certificate of training which is valid for 3 years.