Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Refresher Site Safety Plus is a two-day course which aims to refresh your understanding of your key responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health, welfare and the environment, enabling you to provide healthy and safe working conditions for everyone on site.
This refresher brings your health and safety knowledge up to date and provides a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. It builds on the material in the original course as well as introducing new subjects.
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects your management role
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- fulfil your duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
Further information about this course is available in the Scheme Rules
Important SMSTS Refresher changes
Candidates must take an SMSTS Refresher course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise the full SMSTS course will have to be taken again. The six month grace period that used to be in place ceased as of 1st January 2016.