Work at Height
The removal of the “2 metre rule” means that any person working in an elevated position (off the ground) is deemed to be working at height – Work at Height Regulations 2015
Delegates will be competent to work safely at height with a strong hazard awareness and a sound theoretical knowledge and practical experience of using fall arrest equipment.
Delegates will have the ability to assess the risks and requirements needed for safely working at height in their scope of work.
To ensure that:
- All work at height is properly planned and organised;
- Those involved in work at height are competent;
- The risks from work at height are assessed and appropriate work equipment is selected and used;
- The risks from fragile surfaces are properly controlled; and
- Equipment for work at height is properly inspected and maintained.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be qualified to:
- Actively promote safety wherever employed to be working at height
- Reduce the risk of major injuries and accidents from working at heights
- Ensure compliance with all well-established safety procedures and all current relevant legislation
20 multi-choice questions with a pass rate of 70%.
A certificate approved by RoSpa and Continual Professional Development (CPD) Points.