IOSH Managing Safely is a 3 day basic risk management certificate in Health and Safety. It enables those who manage a team to meet their responsibilities for Health and Safety in the workplace.
The course is split into 2 units – one taught module and a work-based assignment which will demonstrate your application of the knowledge you have gained over the course of the previous unit.
Aims & Objectives
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand your responsibilities for safety in the workplace.
- Recognise common workplace hazards and implement appropriate control measures.
- Estimate, evaluate and reduce risk by applying a hierarchy of risk control.
- Undertake structured risk assessments and accident investigations.
- Understand the requirements of HSE legislation.
- Recognise different ways to measure and improve health and safety performance.
There is a 45-minute written assessment, consisting of 25 questions in a variety of formats, and a standard project which comprises of a workplace risk assessment. The project must be completed within two weeks of the end of the course.
An IOSH Managing Safely is valid for life although IOSH recommends that candidates undergo a refresher course every three years.