Rough terrain telescopic lift trucks provide greater ground clearance then a standard lift truck and are used on uneven ground. They are commonly used in land-based and the construction industry, it has a similar appearance and function to a forklift truck. The main difference between the two trucks is that rough terrain telescopic lift trucks are much more versatile than a forklift truck.
The training course is for anyone who uses or will be using a rough terrain telescopic lift truck in either the land-based or construction industry. The course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge required to operate it safely. Also from doing the course you will gain a lot of confidence in yourself while operating the truck. This course is delivered over a period of 5 days and is aimed at novice operators.
All of our trainers are accredited within their fields and have many years of experience in both their equipment and teaching. All of the training is carried out on the Isle of Anglesey but we can also offer training throughout the UK.
What is Involved?
- Working in the construction industry
- Specific legislation
- Introduction to the lift truck and how the truck works
- Working principles of lift trucks
- Lift truck stability
- Assessment of landing zone
- What can go wrong and what to do if something goes wrong
- Planning the operation
- Risk assessment
- Daily and take-over maintenance checks
- Using an assistant
- Getting familiar with the controls and instruments.
- Starting and stopping the engine
- Starting and stopping the machine
- Basic driving of the truck
- Operating with an empty pallet
- Handling loaded pallets up to a height of 1200mm
- Stacking/Destacking loaded pallets at all heights
- Loading and unloading lorries and trailers
- Difficult loads (How they are different)
- Manned platforms
- Rough terrain use
- Road work
What you will need to bring?
Appropriate PPE, Passport Photograph.
9am to 4.30pm approximately.