Forward & Rear Tipping course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (upon successful completion of the appropriate CPCS Technical Test).
The course can last up to 4 days depending on the experience and ability of the delegate.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER)
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks
- Set the dumper for site and road travel
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state
- Position the dump truck to receive loads
- Comply with loading procedures
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter